Follow by email:

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Fairly casual follower of fashion





Madurai, India. 2010


“‘The Indians are the Italians of Asia,’ Didier pronounced with a sage and mischievous grin. ‘It can be said, certainly, with equal justice, that the Italians are the Indians of Europe, but you do understand me, I think."- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts


Indian tailors can knock up any garment you like overnight for next to no money. But, before ordering, be careful to account for the relative flamboyance of Indian men's fashion. These jovial gentlemen made me a beautifully fitted shirt. Unfortunately on my return to the grey UK I realised that raw silk and oversized collars just don't look right on an Anglo- Saxon. Never mind though. It cost the same as two beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment